About the Role:
Fiserv is looking for a Staff level Software Developer/Analyst with heavy emphasis on data analysis to join our Strategic Insights team. In this role you will work in an Agile environment delivering software solutions utilized by internal and external customers. The candidate should have a passion for development, as well as data analysis, and possess strong development skills in Business Objects. As a software developer, you will be responsible for developing, unit testing, and integration tasks working within this highly visible-client focused web services application. As an analyst, you will conduct data analysis that will influence and enhance the various custom report and file builds and ad hoc requests fulfilled by the Business Insights & Data Monetization team.
This position will require close collaboration with the product owners and managers, project managers, and the test QA team. A successful candidate will have a motivation to achieve team results, the ability to learn new technologies, and grow to understand the financial services industry.
This is a full-time position with career growth opportunities, a competitive base salary and full benefits package. If you want to work with leading technology and help financial institutions and businesses worldwide solve complex business challenges every day, this is a great opportunity.
About our Business:
The purpose of the Strategic Insights team is to provide meaningful data in an easily consumable format that is used to make strategic decisions to grow adoption and usage of ePayments products.
Reports To: Team Lead, Strategic Insights and Analytics
Peers: Developers, Business and Data Analysts
Direct Reports: none
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop custom report and file builds, and fulfill ad hoc data and analysis requests to client specifications.
- Collaborate within a team environment in the development, testing and support of software development project lifecycles.
- Prepare any necessary technical documentation related to development.
- Participate in code reviews and code remediation.
- Perform and develop proper unit tests and automation.
- Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems.
- Fulfill ad hoc data requests from both internal and external clients; requests range from routine to complex, and ad hoc to full automation
- Assist in the analysis of data to answer specific business questions asked by clients and internal business groups; synthesize analysis findings and use to influence and enhance deliverables and seek new opportunities for builds.
- Collect data from various sources for use in business focused analysis. May involve combining, summarizing, developing new metrics, and addressing data quality issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to present information effectively in communications with peers and project management
- Work in a matrix team environment with marketing, product, account management, information management and finance to provide data used in planning and business case development activities.
- Perform additional duties as determined by business needs and as directed by management.
- Financial industry experiences a plus.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or Business Management preferred.
Job Related Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of combined development and analytics experience required to demonstrate ability to conduct data analysis in an analytic-focused environment related to marketing and or product strategy/execution, and to develop business intelligence solutions following a structured development lifecycle and methodology.
- Knowledgeable of SOA design principles, mocking frameworks, and performance testing.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with project development / methodologies experience, full software development lifecycle.
- Agile development methodology experience a plus
- Informatica ETL experience is a plus
- Highly skilled with SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence platform.
- Strong experience with SAP Business Objects, particularly Design Studio and Lumira.
- Solid experience with the full development lifecycle process.
- Proficient with Structured Query Language (SQL) and data profiling.
- ETL and UNIX experience a plus.
- An understanding of basic data modeling and database design concepts.
- Proficient with statistical tools and concepts; SAS preferred
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong team player / customer service orientation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with both end users and technical staff.
- Ability to track progress against assigned tasks, report status, and proactively identifies issues.
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent domestically and internationally if needed
A little about us: