Video Insight is a member of the Panasonic Group and a leading IP video surveillance management software used by over 25,000 customers in the financial, government, retail, and transportation sectors with a very strong presence in the education market consisting of 5,000 K-12 school/college customers. Video Insight is the easiest and most cost-effective Enterprise VMS with support for over 3,000 camera models and integration with the top access control solutions in the market.
Video Insight provides the most comprehensive and cost effective video management software and surveillance system for centralized and de-centralized environments.
Currently, Video Insight has an immediate opening for a Software Developer-Video Algorithms Engineer
Software Development Activities:
- Implement video processing algorithms using C and C .
- Create video processing systems using open-source and/or licensed video processing tools including Intel SDK and other similar tools.
- Build video streaming solution of the company’s video management engine.
- Implement object classifier algorithms to detect objects in video content.
- Research software modules related to processing and optimizing of video and audio recording data.
- Integrate with 3rd party SDK and build processing module to work with video management system.
- Analyze requirements and decompose high-level requirements into low-level and implementation requirements based upon understanding of business applications and engineering principles.
- Perform higher-level design of product components and interfaces.
- Perform design, code, and test of software solutions and algorithms for video technologies and applications based upon requirements and direction from more senior technical staff.
- Employ software engineering methods and practices to create artifacts and documentation for the implementation and support of software products to convey an engineered solution to other developers and engineers.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to the software development process. Software Support Activities:
- Maintain deployed software modules to ensure video management system workflows are optimal.
- Provide necessary development support to resolve bugs and issues.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Technical Support, and other developers to resolve bugs and issues.
- Independently resolve customer complaints with software, and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Documentation, Collaboration, Coordination and Training:
- Support the creation of documentation, which may include user manuals, help documentation, tool tips, and training material.
- Work with technical staff to learn and understand problems with software.
- Make suggestions for problem solutions or software enhancements. What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field required, Master’s or PhD degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in a video software development role required
- Demonstrated knowledge of video and audio standards and codec libraries, including H.265, H.264, MPEG4, MJPEG, AAC, MP3, etc. is required
- Proficiency in C and C programming languages in a Windows environment.
- Solid experience with .NET applications, Microsoft Visual Studio, and TFS.
- Proficiency in popular open source computer vision libraries, exp. OpenCV, OpenCL, are a plus.
- Experience participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements, design, coding, and testing. Problem Solving :
- Provide high quality work in a timely manner with limited direction from senior technical staff.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and design appropriate solutions.
- Ability to translate requirements into a solid design and implementation.
- Understanding of software engineering design principles and algorithms with the ability to translate design and analysis into code.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and solve issues. Communications :
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work closely with internal and external customers to translate needs into requirements, to explain and resolve technical issues, and to present technical solutions.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Ability to influence the technical direction of the team. Other Requirements :
- Occasional travel. What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.