Software Development Engineer
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 160013CP
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
* Infrastructure Solutions Group Software Engineer supporting the Global Tools & Infrastructure team
* Designs and Develops code to make changes to ALM tools
* Analyzes software problems and develops workable solutions.
* Performs system software upgrades including planning and scheduling, coordination and deploying.
* Manages, resolves and documents issues and events related to software code and process
* Learns and train others on software development tools
* Monitors and measures performance characteristics of applications
* Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues
* Proposes and implements software enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
* Learns new applications, Dell-specific technologies, system behavior and business processes as they relate to customer needs
* Extensive experience with ALM tools including Atlassian Suite – Confluence, JIRA
* Extensive experience in making source code changes to JIRA and Confluence using Atlassian API. Atlassian plugin/ add-on experience
* Java development & Groovy scripting experience
* 3 years of experience working with Java and J2EE technologies in a production environment.
* Deep understanding of how to build testable, maintainable code.
* Experience in the following broad technologies: XML, JSP, internet protocols, REST, JSON, JDBC and relational databases
* Experience writing functional tests
* Experience working with source control, preferably Git
* A motivated self-starter that can work independently as well as with remote teams
* Possesses expert knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve the most/highly complex IT issues
* Experienced in Software development tools and training
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent (certification and/or experience)
* 4 years in general IT or software engineering industry experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Software Development Engineer*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *160013CP*