Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionSoftware Engineer - Collaboration Platform & Services
Location: Pleasanton, CACollaboration Platform & Services at Workday
Come join our growing Collaboration Platform & Services team to empower people to work the way they want to, facilitating collaboration in the natural workspace and across multiple channels (think email, sms, slack, push notifications), by building a scalable, extensible platform and set of services.
This position offers the opportunity to drive the design, development, and delivery of shared components and collaboration frameworks used by Workday customers. Ideal candidates will be exceptionally strong individual contributors with a passion for innovative software development, a learning mentality, and have proven ability to deliver and own quality software. What you will do
What we are looking for
- Help design and build a highly scalable collaboration platform and features
- Collaboration in a small team using your engineering background to get stuff done
- Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- You have experience owning production systems
- Scala functional development experience
- Java development experience
- Desire to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, and tradeoffs therein
- Extensive experience developing distributed and concurrent systems; secure, fault tolerant, highly available, recoverable, consistent, scaleable, and predictable and the tradeoffs therein
- A love for learning and a passion for helping others
- Previous experience developing in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- much, much, more...
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.