Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the team behind Microsoft's expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s Cloud First mission. MCIO is responsible for powering some of the world’s largest online services including over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. Our team is focused on developing systems that automate the information flow between MCIO and our 1st and 3rd party partners; these include systems that capture key inputs and insights that power the automated infrastructure supply chain, systems that close the loop with partners by effectively visualizing progress, utilization, infrastructure footprint, calculated demand, as well as a new set of reference systems that will empower Microsoft developers to invert the man-machine initiative by unlocking universal access to our datacenter capacity data, as well as a rich set of APIs to promote rapid development of automation services that depend on those data.
We are looking for talented developers who have great core development expertise, have expertise in building and managing services at scale, and domain expertise in statistics, data mining, ETL systems, distributed systems, Azure and/or AWS and Hadoop (or equivalent). If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is managed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, if strong development skills, strong business and technical acumen and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table - this job is for you.
• Participate in User-Centered design activities to capture both stated and unstated requirements
• Define software architecture and requirements that provide clarity to other members of the development team
• Design and implement features in code, taking ownership of the end to end quality of your features
• Build systems that automate the information flow between MCIO and our partners
• Effectively collaborate across MCIO to ensure a robust automation roadmap
• Create prototypes and proof of concept user experiences to validate the designs
• Analyze how your features are used via instrumentation and figure out how to take them to the next level
• Effectively communicate designs and ideas to audiences with various technical backgrounds
• BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
• 7+ Years as a developer, designing and developing software platforms in distributed services
• 3+ Years doing front-end web-based UX development
• 2+ Years of experience building cloud services with AWS or Azure
• Passionate about our users and product excellence
• Knowledge of Microsoft’s CRM and Team Foundation Server is a plus
• Knowledge of various techniques to automate business decision in real time and at scale
• Proven track record of design and technical accomplishment
• Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.