Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
The Prism Analytics Team is looking for someone to break our software. It's your job to find creative and methodological ways to figure out what's wrong with our product, finding the corner cases that a lesser QA professional would miss.
You will help streamline the direction of a quality engineering team in our startup culture, where our team walks the walk regarding the importance of quality. We need you to apply your keen mind to the questions, "Will the code run?", "Can it scale?", and, most importantly, "Will our customers love and use this?" To get to this point, we need your judgment and customer mindset to prioritize what needs testing and how we'll test it.
Specifically, you'll be apart of the team which is the glue between all the parts. The platform team is responsible for overall data security, authentication, metadata management, and the APIs that other teams rely. About You
You love testing highly dynamic software and pushing it to the max and beyond for strength and resilience. You are happily challenged when faced with solving complex problems. You love digging deep into the product to find its breaking points. You love the "aha!" moment when you find the repro to a bug. Responsibilities
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Clearly understand the components that compose the product solution
- Create test plans and test cases for assigned components
- Execute and automate test cases and perform bug tracking and management
- Contribute in building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Work closely with the design team to help create an amazing user experience
- Help create and implement quality processes and requirements
- Work closely with the team to replicate customer environments
- Own the release decision. Weigh the business needs against quality, listen to the opinions of others, work to gain consensus, and be willing to hold the release... even when it's not the popular decision
- Identify and communicate risks about our releases. Look beyond your specific area of responsibility and ensure our products deliver value to our customers
- Be able to own and make quality decisions for the solution.
- Own the release
- Be a customer advocate.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years industry experience
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Eager to learn from peers
- Experience testing complex security models
- Experience testing internal and external APIs
- Experience testing distributed systems
- Experience testing enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies