Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Do what you love. Love what you do.
The Workday Prism team is looking for SDET engineers who are passionate in the field of data analytics and working in a team of top industry talents in building out the next generation of business intelligence and data discovery products in the Workday cloud.
As part of this team, you will ensure that the quality of our products exceeds the expectations of our customers. Your expertise in automated testing of large scale distributed systems will help transform the way we collect and view enterprise data.
The work we do is technical, challenging and interesting. We are looking for test engineers who have a quality mindset, love to break software, automate testing and who want to understand how parts work together to make the Workday system function. About the Team
The Workday Prism Analytic team focuses on the development and service management of an end-to-end data analysis and discovery product offered as part of the Workday cloud-based business application solutions. Our mission is to employ the latest web design and distributed computing technologies in creating a data analysis product that's both easy-to-use and powerful.
The Prism Software Development Engineering in Test (SDET) team is looking for candidates who are excited to learn the technology behind creating an enterprise-grade SaaS application used by over 30% of the Fortune 500. The SDET team is responsible for defining the quality control processes and establishing the infrastructure needed in making sure the reliability of Prism products are delivered to our customers with the highest level of confidence.
Candidates who join the Prism SDET team will have the opportunity to work on:
- Industry-defining technology in the area of data warehousing, business intelligence, reporting, and visualization
- Learn the needs and gain hands on experience using an enterprise-grade data discovery product
- Contribute to projects that enhances the building, testing and deployment infrastructure for the Prism product line
- Love to use computer technologies and programming tools in solving complex problems and create automated tools for executing involved procedures
- Interested in learning the development, release and deployment processes of cloud-based enterprise grade business software
- Keen on developing and delivering projects with high confidence in feature functionality
- Passionate in exploring datasets to gain understanding of system behaviors, deduce reasonings from patterns observed, and utilizing insights in building smarter programs
- Comfortable with typical data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, knowledge of SQL, Hadoop, Spark based technologies or use of Matlab, R, NumPy, TensorFlow is a plus
- A track record showing that you are a highly motivated individual, capable of coming up with creative, innovative and working solutions in a collaborative environment
- Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
- Clearly understand user features that compose the product solution and create test plans and test cases for assigned features
- Execute and automate test cases and perform bug tracking and management
- Contribute in building a flexible and scalable automation solution
- Work with definitional object oriented development tools and develop automation tests using Java and WATS, Workday's proprietary automation framework
- Be a customer advocate and work closely with the team to ensure our testing strategy and environments resemble closely to customer use cases
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years industry experience