Software Development Engineer in Test
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today, we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services that touch tens of millions of customers. And we are looking for great technologists to join our team!
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best engineers in the industry? Have a strong opinion on using BrowserStack instead of testing on a VM?
Then we want you!
As part of our team, what will you do? You will be passionate and driven to create the world’s best consumer banking experiences AND you will:
- Write code (working side by side with other engineers, championing quality coding principles, and building testing tools)
- Demand quality (driving testing through all phases of development cycle)
- Advocate (working with product owners and other engineers to be the voice of the consumer)
- Lead (establishing best practices and standards for automated and manual testing)
- Collaborate (partnering well with a diverse and passionate team)
- Learn (finding testing best practices and tools and bringing them to the team)
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Industry-leading maternity and paternity leave policies
- A great working environment with a bunch of great people (early Bitcoin pioneers, ex-NASA engineers, and the authors of this job description)
Here is what we would like you to bring to the table:
- Bachelors degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in automation testing
- At least 2 years testing in a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- At least 2 years of experience in both REST and SOAP web services
- At least 2 years of experience with cross-browser, multi-platform testing
- 2+ years of experience writing software code
- 2+ years of experience writing automation test suites
- 2+ years of white box testing experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.