Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
We have an immediate opening for software developer to join our Platform Security team. This is a brand new core development team at Workday-a greenfield and ground floor opportunity for Engineers who want to come in and make a huge impact! This is a rare opportunity that involves research, evaluation, implementation, and deployment of brand new security services that are critical to Workday's Infrastructure and Security.
If you are passionate about designing and developing the next wave of Security tools, then we'd love to hear from you! You will be responsible for designing, developing and iteratively enhancing systems from inception to delivery and beyond, including APIs, Security Domain models, and persistence.
- We are a self-contained team including development, testing, deployment, and production support
- We collaborate and get things done while having fun!
- We practice Scrums
As a Software Development Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Sharing and listening to others to select the best approach for designing security systems
- Collaborate with the senior members of the team to advance knowledge of the security domain
- Creating software components and frameworks that are inherently testable and easily understood by other developers
- Attending daily Scrums stand up
- Having fun!
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of security domains such as applied cryptography, authentication mechanisms, and defensive coding.
- Experience building distributed, concurrent, high-performance systems
- 5 years hands-on experience in software development using Java/Scala
- Experience with Typesafe stack: Akka, Play, and Slick
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.