Software Development Engineer
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for software engineers with a flair for learning to join our dynamic Development Education organization. At Workday we create applications with our own proprietary development platform, enabling application developers to build and rapidly deploy SaaS to production on a continuous basis. Our development platform is object-oriented, metadata-driven, multi-tenanted and highly configurable. Research, prototyping, innovation and technical excellence are essential parts of our software engineering culture. It is a fast-paced environment in which continuous change is normal.
Your primary responsibility is to develop programs that support the continuous education of our development teams. Our teams want to find the content they need fast, know it's up-to-date and accurate and contribute to that content. You will help develop the tools that enable all of that. But the ideal candidate is willing to wear many hats, working with our team towards the goal of improved and comprehensive education for the development team, which augments our in-class offerings.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
• Develop tools for continuous education such as a website for our proprietary development platform
• Engage with audiences to determine if developed solutions meet needs and expectations
• Support creation of educational content by our Subject Matter Experts
• Champion Continuous Education
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience designing, creating and delivering technical training to software engineering audiences
• Experience working on a development team
• Experience embracing and promoting new technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills