Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- Performance Software Engineers are highly skilled engineers who debug, measure, analyze, and improve our Workday software. They are generalists with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, and the Internet, who enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems. Application Performance is achieved by working closely with all our engineering teams throughout the release cycle. Our ultimate goal is application performance that yields an excellent end user experience and scales to meet Software as a Service Infrastructure needs.
Position can be located in San Francisco or Pleasanton
- 5+ years of experience
- JVM Profiling, analyze thread dumps, heap dumps and Tuning
- OO design and Java development
- Unix or Linux
- Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services (SOAP or REST)
- Sql query knowledge
- Ability to distill volumes of data, analyze performance results, and diagnose performance problems
- Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
- Capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
- Application code profiling
- Infrastructure and application performance tuning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative team player
Knowledge or Experience with the following a plus:
- Eclipse, Junit, ANT, svn
- Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
- Experience with SOAPUI, Jmeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, Jconsole, and system tools vmstat/top
- Experience with Data Science and Big Data technologies, Hadoop, Hive, ElasticSearch
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.