Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Operations Engineering team. You will have responsibility for definition, design, implementation, and maintenance of Workday's automation frameworks, monitoring, and systems management toolset in our data centers supporting the Development, QA, and Operations hosted environments at Workday. With a growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to think security, scalability, and reliability -- constantly. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. And, you won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows.
• Contribute to the toolset vision necessary to scale up the size of our data centers and stay ahead of rapid customer growth.
• Participate in the development of the Automation strategy working closely with Operations Architects, Operations Engineers, and Product Development.
• Define, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain Data Center automation infrastructure.
• Collaborate closely with Workday's Data Center Technical Operations team and deliver tools necessary to reliably support the automation needs for deploying, managing, and updating data center servers and related components.
• Follow a production development lifecycle process, including specifications, development, test, and production rollout.
• Integrate automation capabilities with the Workday Service.
• Collaborate closely with Workday's Security organization ensuring compliance with all audits and policies.
Skills and Experience
• Mastery of at least two programming languages such as C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python, and shell. Capable with source code revision tools such as CVS, SVN, GIT, etc.
• Development experience with Chef systems management software preferred, or other equivalent scripting and development languages and open source frameworks.
• Solid knowledge of data center operations including provisioning and maintaining of servers, networking, load balancing, and other infrastructures
• Large scale web operations in Software-as-a-Service or Consumer Web
• Experience leading projects from design through implementation & support phases
• Familiarity with automated operating system provisioning, configuration management, application deployment and monitoring.
• Excellent hands-on technical skill and related experience.
• Ability to work effectively with Development and Operations.
• Experience designing solutions that are guided by and compliant with industry standard audit and compliance standards such as PCI, ISO27001, and SAS70• Excellent hands on technical skill and related experience.
• Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations.
• Deep expertise in designing, building, operating, and troubleshooting Linux/Unix-based large scale Internet systems
• Bachelors degree in Software Engineering or equivalent required
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.