Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Job Description The Software Build Engineer is part of a team supporting and improving the build and test frameworks of several Scala and Java development teams. The Software Build Engineer is also responsible for maintaining and improving our continuous integration and delivery initiatives.
Are you a person who is passionate about making things work better, run faster and be simpler using the latest and greatest technologies and tools? Then please read on!Required Experience:
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant field
- 5 plus years of build management for Scala or Java applications (Compilation, Unit Tests, packaging, deployment)
- 5 plus years' experience with a CI tool like CruiseControl, Teamcity, Bamboo, Jenkins or other
- 2 plus years working with Ant or Gradle and Ivy
- 1 plus year working with Chef or Puppet
- Good knowledge of bash (or another Unix Shell scripting) or Groovy
- Knowledge of Artifactory is a plus
- Experience of AWS or another IaaS provider is a plus
- Proven experience with agile development, continuous development, and deployment processes
- Proven experience improving developer productivity through tools, performance enhancements, self-service, etc
- Ability to analyze technical issues to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with technical leads, developers, quality assurance, operations and product mangers
- Ability to self-manage, self-motivates, and seeks process improvement opportunities with minimal supervision
- Able to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.