Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Do what you love. Love what you do.
Generation Workday Software Engineering roles offer exciting opportunities to evolve our award-winning products. You will be creating information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions to make a direct impact on Workday's path into the future. While we look for common skills and capabilities in all our candidates, each team offers unique ways to elevate Workday products to the next level. If you have these skills, Workday may be the place for you:
About the TeamsApplication Development
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adaptability in challenging situations and problem solving sessions
- Ability to communicate project progress effectively in an agile methodology setting
- Desire to collaborate with others with similar passions
The Software Application Engineer role offers exciting opportunities to develop applications on several diverse teams. Utilizing object-oriented, UML based design, and iterative development methodologies, you will see your efforts incorporated first-hand in all phases of the development lifecycle. Your interests may line up with one of these teams:
- Financials: In Financials, you will get to leverage the power of XML based applications in order to focus on today's business problems. Your interest in business process frameworks and Web 2.0 technologies will fit right in as you develop applications designed to make Workday's product more accessible to customers.
- Human Capital Management (HCM): Working with the Human Capital Management (HCM) team will give you insight into Workday's award-winning Human Resources product. As you develop new features for Staffing, Compensation, Benefits and many others, the product will evolve at an impressive speed.
- Payroll: With the Payroll team, you will be designing a Payroll solution, such as Time Tracking features, to accommodate both global requirements and those of individual companies.
- Student: This fast-paced team will be developing the next generation experience for students on campus across the globe. You can expect to work on features like delivering mobile and social applications for students, making reports accessible to administrators and allowing faculty to use critical information to complete their daily jobs.
- Performance: If your passions center around Big Data and improving Workday's functionality, the Performance team is a great match. You will use the latest techniques in Big Data to provide insights in performance bottlenecks and hotspots.
The Workday Community team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle, letting Workmates enhance the entire Community portal from beginning to end. The balance between business emphasis and quality control will allow you to build a strong foundation of industry knowledge.
- What Excites You : HTML and CSS
Join the Content Tools organization in its journey to develop code in an environment with multiple technologies and systems integrations concerns. This team achieves a deep impact on deliverables, from backend to front end systems and everything in between.
This core team will support Workday's phenomenal growth by building a high quality implementation system that can handle large volumes of data. Your focus on customer success and data migration will help evolve the existing landscape of the Workday cloud.
- What Excites You: Continuous integration, delivery concepts and object oriented design and programming
This team works to help secure the next generation of cloud computing by analyzing threats and protecting Workday data and infrastructure. As a security team member you will have the opportunity to build, test, deploy tools and applications to secure Workday against network and system attacks. You'll be focusing on the following fields with each team:
- Application Security: Secure Development Lifecycle, Workday Application Frameworks, Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Cloud & Enterprise : Identity and Access Management, Configuration Management, Provisioning and Orchestration
- Research and Testing: Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing and Bug Bounty Program
- Security Tools : Platform Scalability, Security Automation, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence Platform
The Workday Quality and Development teams are made up of innovators that find excitement at the intersection of quality and technology. With access to up-to-date tool sets and modern testing methodologies, this team is able to offer Quality Engineers with new learning and development opportunities through the full software development release cycle.
- What Excites You: Research, problem solving, high quality deliverables, and ability to write automated test scripts with cutting edge technology
The Technology Rotation Program exposes our new hires in Tools and Data Science to the Workday technology stack through several rotations and specialized trainings. If you're looking to solve complex technical problems, build machine learning algorithms and create tools that transform the way our customers utilize data, then Tools and the Technology Rotation Program wants to learn more about you.
User Experience (UX)
- What Excites You: Java programming, Big Data technologies, DevOps, Data Modeling and/or Data Visualization; familiar with development tools and processes, such as source control (e.g. SVN, Git), IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ), Unit testing frameworks (i.e. JUnit)
The User Experience team has a direct impact on every single customer that uses Workday tools. The chance to work with this world-class group of developers and provide code for a scalable Workday product is unparalleled. Your interests may range from User Interface to Business Intelligence, but your enthusiasm about metadata driven User Interface will be a great asset to the team. Get a diverse experience specifically within the teams below or in our rotational program within our Web, Infrastructure and Mobile teams.
- Mobile : Innovate and build captivating consumer grade mobile experiences that delight Workday's users. Technical experience with Android SDK Kotlin/Java and iOS SDK Swift/Objective-C development is recommended.
- DaaS: Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) is a platform that securely aggregates and manages shared data sets across Workday customers, enabling new analytical applications such as Workday Benchmarking. Technical experience with Java programming, OLAP, DevOps, Data Modeling and/or Data Visualization; familiar with development tools and processes, such as source control (e.g. SVN, Git), IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ), Unit testing frameworks (i.e. JUnit) is recommended.
- Performance and Scalability: The Performance team works closely with all of engineering to keep Workday User Interface running smoothly and efficiently. Design visualization systems for tracking performance metrics and trends over an extended period of time. Analyze metrics to identify opportunities for optimization while keeping an eye on the bottom line. Execute performance tests to benchmark and identify bottlenecks in our large service-oriented architecture. Enable development teams to test the performance impact of their changes in a self-service manner. Technical experience in Java, Python or a similar language, Data Modeling and Data Visualization, Performance testing and/or monitoring tools (JMeter, Dynatrace) is recommended.
Workday Cloud Platform
Come in on the ground floor with the cutting edge Workday Cloud Platform team, Workday's newest software engineering team. This group supports our platform architecture as we open it to outside developers for the first time since it was built in YEAR. To keep their fingers on the pulse of the developer community, our Workday Cloud Platform team also spends time researching the latest and greatest cloud platform technology.
- What Excites You : OOP or UML and enterprise solutions
Start your future today with Generation Workday. The next generation of talent will further fuel Workday's success. This is why we actively seek the best and the brightest graduates to join Generation Workday, a 12-month early career development program uniquely designed to develop our future leaders. The Generation Workday Program is focused on supporting a successful university to career transition for emerging professionals who have graduated within the last 12 months.
Launch your career with an opportunity that connects you to a strong network, enables you to do your best work, actively supports your career and places an emphasis on fun.
Workday is proud of its diverse workforce, but does not sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visas that will require sponsorship now or in the future for these positions. About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.