Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
OMS Service Reliability Engineers are highly skilled software engineers who improve, measure, analyze our Workday software. They are generalists with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, and the Internet, who enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems. Platform performance and scalability are achieved by building transparency in every corner of our product and by working closely with all of our engineering teams throughout the software release cycle. Our ultimate goal is application performance and scalability that yields an excellent end-user experience and scales to meet Software as a Service Infrastructure needs.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of OO design and Java development experience.
- Strong knowledge of Java ergonomics and GC behavior
- Solid experience with UNIX or Linux
- Advanced automation skills
- Ability to distill volumes of data, analyzes performance results, and diagnoses performance problems.
- Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
- Performance test planning, setup, and execution
- Test scripting and test data management
- Capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
- Application and architecture code profiling
- Infrastructure and application performance tuning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- SQL and MySQL skills or equivalent experience
- Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
- Experience with JMeter, LoadRunner, or similar
- Experience with JProfiler, Jconsole, and system tools sar/nmon/top
- Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.