Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionRequired Skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Java development experience or other modern programming language
- Object Oriented design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype and finally implementation
- Ability to produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Collaborate and work well with others
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Scala Experience
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability, and tradeoffs therein
- A love for learning and are passionate about helping others
- PDF Library development
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) library experience
- BIRT development experience
- Previous experience developing in an Agile/Scrum environment
Required Education and Experience
- Work in a cross team to deliver high quality software products, from idea and design, to implementation and maintenance
- Contribute to methodologies, standards, processes, and tools to make the team more effecient
- Provide support to the operations staff in troubleshooting and solving production issues
- Help our skilled support team triage escalated customer issues
Working at Workday is no ordinary work day.
- Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. It's that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 "Best Places to Work" surveys (as voted by our own employees). Whether it's our spirited company meetings, high-caliber workforce, recognition programs, or company events like CEO pool tournaments or rocking out to our company band "Wrokday", we strive to surpass expectations while celebrating everything that makes us unique.
Join our team and experience Workday!About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.