At IQVIA™ , we tap the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don't simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader - a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We're committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.Total Rewards
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.Role Summary:
Join an entrepreneurial team of talented developers in driving the future of a suite of industry-leading pharmaceutical software products. IQVIA™ creates web based business performance optimization software for the Pharmaceutical industry.
IQVIA™ is in immediate need of an exceptional Software Development Engineer who will develop, create, and modify general computer applications software using our coding practices and methods.
The Java Developer will be a key member of the development team responsible for coding, unit testing, and delivering critically important and/or high impact items. The role will require working directly with other developers, quality assurance testers, support specialists, and product management teams.Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design and develop core application and analytic capabilities of business performance optimization software product.
- Provide accurate estimates for analysis, design, and development activities
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the business processes in the area of functionality being developed
- Develop technical documentation in accordance with defined software architecture and applicable project design standards
- Autonomously code software from technical documentation
- Create and execute unit tests, both automate and manual
- Debug code, make and test code fixes
- Adhere to defined coding standards and other defined quality standards
- Adhere to project development processes including documentation, defect tracking, software configuration management, and status reporting
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Work with management and technical support to swiftly address any high priority issues and release fixes.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or related field
- At least 4 Years of Working knowledge and experience with coding web technologies in a Java & JEE environment, including Servlets, JSP, Java/J2EE, HTTP, HTML, XML, SQL, JDBC and application servers (JBoss added advantage)
- Working knowledge of standard development tools, such as Eclipse
- At least 2 year hands-on experience with RESTful web service development
- Demonstrable understanding of Object Oriented software principles
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated to work and learn new skills to contribute to the team's success
- Ability to act as part of a team working towards common goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player with flexible attitude
IQVIA™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IQVIA™ , our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.