Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
- Workday's new office in Boulder, Colorado is focused on delivering new analytic and collaboration technologies to Workday customers. The Productivity Technology Server Team is seeking applications for a Software Development Engineer to join us in Boulder.
You will help develop and integrate new analytic and collaboration technologies into Workday's core platform and applications. Working closely with Product Management and Engineering teams, you will design, implement, and test high quality production software. You will have the opportunity to lead or contribute to many layers and aspects of the technology, including object-oriented modeling and design, API design and implementation, security and encryption concerns, and multi-node scaling solutions. You should feel comfortable presenting and discussing technical solutions with the team and participating in peer code review in our supportive and collaborative environment.
Skills & Experience
- 2-5+ years professional Object Oriented Design and Programming experience.
- Strong Java programming skills, including experience with core concepts such as interfaces, collections, exceptions, and multi-threading.
- Good understanding of SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ready to engage with Agile software development methodologies.
- Ready to support and develop automated testing at all stages of the deployment pipeline.
- Familiarity with any of the following development technologies is not required but would be considered a plus: Jersey, Jackson, Tomcat, Git, Ant, JUnit, Docker, Jenkins, Jira.
Beyond these skills and experiences, we are eager to meet you and learn more about your own best-practices, tools, and techniques that you can bring to the team.