Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
If you find dynamic and fast-paced software engineering environments fun, the Software Development Engineer Internship with Workday's Tools team just might be for you! The Summer Intern projects tackle the challenging problems our Tools team solves on the regular. You will be paired with a mentor and have the opportunity to select your summer project to work on either independently or as a member of a team. By the end of your internship, many intern projects are in production and impacting the lives of millions of Workday users every day. Not bad for 3 months worth of work! In addition, we also offer special perks including, intern housing, fun social events, and technology-focused presentations designed only for interns. If this sounds interesting to you, read on for the requirements and skills we are seeking:
Would you like to...
Build a metadata based application development framework?
Work with object runtime engine and in-memory object graph models or build web services infrastructure?
Mine large amounts of data to solve problems like anomaly detection, time series forecasting, pattern recognition, NLP, recommendation, and customer targeting?
Work through the whole data science lifecycle from ideation, data exploration, model building, results communication, all the way to productization?
Then read on to learn more about the Software Development Engineer Internship opportunity... Some technology you'll likely work with:
We value hard working individuals with good verbal and written communication who are motivated and not afraid to ask questions. In addition, we also look for:
- Big Data Tools : Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Elasticsearch/ELK, Kafka, Flink, Druid, Zeppelin
- DevOps : Perl, Python, Ruby Chef, Linux
- Data Modeling : R, Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, Scikit-learn), Matlab, MLlib, H2O, Neo4J, Torch, TensorFlow, DeepLearning4J
- Data Visualization : Python(matplotlib), R (ggplot, Shiny, Plot.ly), D3.js, Highcharts, Tableau, Gephi, Datameer, Platfora
- Software Development : Java, Scala, Spring Framework (Web Flow, Dependency Injection) XML Related technologies XSLT/XPath, REST
And / Or
- Software Development
- A passion for learning software development and realize that you've only just begun
- Experience and/or a deep understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming with Java, ability to communicate design ideas using UML.
- Familiar with development tools and processes, such as source control (e.g. SVN, Git), IDE (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ), Unit testing frameworks (i.e. JUnit)
- Have demonstrated the ability to quickly pick-up new technologies and languages and are motivated to understand various technologies used at Workday.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Data Science
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language such as Python, Java, or Scala
- Mastery of at least one statistical modeling tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience in stats/machine learning algorithms, such as SVM, logistic regression, boosting, ARIMA, clustering, LDA, deep learning, etc.
- Knowledge or experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/YARN, Spark, Hive, Pig, Kafka, and Flink
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Computational Biology, or other quantitative fields; Master and PhD preferred
- Curiosity in data and a strong desire to continuously improve.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.