Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday has a tremendous opportunity in its Pleasanton office for a Software Development Engineer to design and develop tools and frameworks to support our Continuous Deployment environment, providing constant feedback to Development, Product and QA. You will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of the Workday product in a talented team of Software Engineers committed to delivering the highest quality of on-demand enterprise business applications.
What you will be doing:
- Building tools and applications to support UI Development and QA.
- Contributing to in-house test automation frameworks.
- Researching open-source and emerging technologies.
- Helping the team move to best practices in DevOps and Continuous Deployment.
What we are looking for:
- Development (preferably Java).
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience delivering code on time in an agile and continuous development environment.
- Experience writing robust and reliable automated unit/integration/system tests.
- Exposure to DevOps tools and processes with a desire to keep learning.
- Knowledge of testing techniques and build tools (Bamboo, Teamcity, Jenkins).
- Gradle, Ant, Ivy, Maven, Docker, Chef, SOAP, REST, Selenium Grid, TestNG, JUnit.
- A collaborative team player with good verbal and written communication skills.
Come work with one of the best teams in the Bay!About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.