Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionThe Visual Presentation Services (VPS) Team
We have immediate openings for engineers to design and develop our next generation server responsible for mapping data retrieved from our proprietary metadata storage technology into a usable and elegant application infrastructure. Because our system is metadata driven, server engineers are completely passionate about building a top-notch infrastructure leaving the application business logic in the capable hands of application developers.Responsibilities:
- Deliver reliable/robust software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews.
- Work closely with Product Management to help define new application framework features ensuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with storage system, data transformation, and handoff to front-end technology.
- Be a credible mentor to less experienced engineers and provide frequent code review feedback.
- Develop and deploy highly concurrent, highly scalable, distributed transaction-based systems supporting hundreds or thousands of Workday tenants and billions of transactions.
- Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority.
- Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
- Give ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Design and implement distributed architectures that provide real scalability and high availability.
- Perform system and performance analysis to improve system throughput.
- Dig deep into very technically complex issues and provide a clear path to resolution.
- Most meaningfully, have fun engineering software!
- 4+ years of experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- Experience with some or all: Java, Scala, REST, JSON, XML, Spring.
- Utilize JUnit or JMock.
- Grasp of common Design Patterns.
- Focused, methodical, minimalist approach to crafting and constructing layered software components that can be embedded within larger frameworks or applications.
- Strong collaboration skills: accomplishing tasks will often require working across teams and coordinating work on your own team.
- Ability to deliver on time working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Have the desire to learn and mentor.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
If you're curious and can cover the requirements above, give us a shout!