Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description Software Development Engineering (Seniors & Managers)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Love spending time ripping the infrastructure apart? Perhaps you practice design patterns in your sleep or want to squeeze every bit of performance out of your pretty code. OR maybe that's not your gig and you prefer leading and mentoring a team of rockstars who do the ripping! You are as passionate as we are and believe that the Cloud is the future of business applications. Our team is responsible for building most of the Workday computing infrastructure and application development platform, from high performance transaction server, UI presentation server, in memory data management, and processing to cloud deployment, optimization and production management requirements described below.
There are multiple opportunities for Senior and Manager level Engineers. If this sounds like you, then read on!
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or higher. (Computer Science or Software Engineering preferably)
- You have 5+ years of work experience designing scalable, complex Enterprise solutions
- You have a can-do attitude toward the most improbable tasks (we have plenty of fun ones for you)
- You are a performance freak. Whether it's hands-on or management, you care about the details
- You understand Object-Oriented Programming (Java)
- You practice common design principles (MVC, MVP, MVVM, IoC)
- You engage or manage in test-driven development (JUnit, mock testing)
- You look for ways to ease the development process and improve productivity
- You deliver on time and with quality in an agile and continuous development environment
- You have worked in functional programming (Scala) and frameworks (Spring or Play)
- You have an understanding of different technologies that might include but not limited to: J2EE, XML/JSON, REST and SOAP, Design Pattern, Concurrent Programming, Cloud Architecture, Multiple Apache open sources, Database, Message Queue, Ant/Maven/Gradle/GIT and other CI Tools, Visualization, Security, etc.
Technologies we use and teach:
Java, Scala, Spring, JUnit, JSON, XML, Tomcat/Play, Gradle, Git, SVN, Bamboo, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Kibana
Come with work Workday, where our team is building kick-ass UI, having fun, and changing the (Enterprise) world!About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A leading provider of enterprise cloud applications, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest organizations.