Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Architect. The position will be based in Raritan, NJ and will require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Job Description:
The Lead Process Architect will work closely with the SDLC Manger to support projects related to the enhancement, development and integration of a framework and a series of related processes with the objective of improved software engineering and development methodologies to be utilized by employees, suppliers and vendors globally.
This position will provide support working on key projects to continue to develop a holistic SDLC process in the organization and utilize Six Sigma principles to find opportunities to “lean-out” the process as well as ensure flexibility to support the development of software on multiple platforms and devices. Additionally, the Lead Process Architect will help establish the governance model for the process, tools and data to ensure changes and impacts are assessed and controlled with engagement from key stakeholders. the process, tools and data to ensure changes and impacts are assessed and controlled with engagement from key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Support the enhancement, development and integration of a framework and a series of related processes with the objective of improved software engineering and development methodologies to be utilized by employees, suppliers and vendors globally.
- Using Six Sigma Lean principles, work closely with the SDLC Manager to identify improvements to the current J&J Software Development Life Cycle to remove waste and improve the efficacy of the process. Help implement selected continuous improvement opportunities encompassing process, organizational change and risk management.
- Integrate the SLDC best practices systemically in the tools (i.e.; a2 and PxM platforms) to ensure that projects are SDLC compliant and risk is minimized while reducing the amount of paperwork and approvals necessary.
- Participate in the SDLC governance process, managing multiple SDLC releases for continuous improvement.
- Measure the effectiveness of the “leaned-out” SDLC process, verifying that improvements are obtaining the expected results and ensuring that the SDLC is being used and utilized by suitable projects for all software development on the appropriate platforms. Identify the correct metrics to ensure the SDLC and its two development methodologies; Agile and Waterfall, are being used appropriately and effectively.
- Using knowledge management principals, develop and deliver systemic training of J&J’s SLDC process to educate the global development community on the latest process and best practices.
- Assess the SDLC for enhancements in support of new development methodologies (i.e. Extreme Programming) introduced to the development community. Identify or develop best practices, as needed, to support these new methodologies.
- Maintain the SLDC knowledge repository, containing the book of knowledge on the global SLDC process, procedures and best practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related discipline is required.
- Certification in Lean or Six Sigma (Greenbelt/Blackbelt) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-years of IT experience leading development or test projects to successful outcome is required.
- Strong experience with Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies required.
- PMP or Agile certification(s) preferred.
- Training development and delivery experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Articulate Storyline or Captivate a plus.
- Ability to self-manage required. Position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, work remotely and keep projects on track is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and present to senior management is required.
- Experience in Share Point, Office365, Confluence/Jira is desired.
- Knowledge Management certification is preferred.
- Strong IT Analysis or Business Process Analysis background is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory oversight, especially in the FED computer systems validation requirements, is desired.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
IT Process Mgmt and ControlRequisition ID