The Public Cloud product development team is one of the biggest initiatives in the history of Oracle. We are introducing revolutionary SAAS, IAAS and PAAS products to the market place and because many of these products are being built new, we are experiencing tremendous growth in our QA Automation team.
You will join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud storage service. We are developing web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offerings focused on cloud storage. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits.
Location: Bay Area (CA) , Seattle (WA) or Broomfield (CO). Full time (sorry no corp to corp or 1099) with full Oracle benefits
As a Software Development Manager, one is responsible for managing and growing a team of Software Engineers developing backend automation tests cases. The successful candidate will be hands-on with in her/his approach and help the team perform and automate a wide variety of testing from performance, functional, load and reliability testing. Must be highly passionate about developing people int he team and also about tearing software apart and finding defects/bugs.
This role requires deep technical kno wledge as well as people management skills. We are seeking seasoned engineering leaders with:
• A minimum of 3 years of people management/leadership experience
• A minimum of 7 yrs software development/automation and testing experience
• Passionate about test automation, finding bugs, and breaking things
• Experience automating tests using Java, C#, Perl, Python, or Ruby
• Understands web services (REST) and underlying protocols (HTTP/S,TCP/IP)
• Storage technologies or Cloud computing
• Strong love of learning new technologies
• Likes to take things apart to understand how they work
• Flexible and enjoys a variety of types of work tasks ("wearing many hats")
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in all directions
• Knowledge of modern test engineering methodologies
• Ability to work independently to achieve goals in a fast-paced agile R&D team
• Comfortable on both Windows and Linux
• Exposure to a variety of database systems
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.