Join our Cloud Engineering Team. This team is responsible for developing tools and technologies that will enable primavera applications to be hosted on Oracle Public Cloud.
As part of the platform team successful candidate will be actively developing cloud based applications. In this environment the hands-on Software Development Manager will be called upon to analyze problems, suggest and assess multiple alternative solutions, and implement high-quality industry leading software.
• Recruiting, growing and retaining top talent
• Mentoring junior developers on the team
• Developing application to be deployed in Cloud
• Security , Performance and Scalability in Cloud
• Reviewing code developed by team members
• Engaging actively in the technical decision making process
• Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (including Oracle technologies) and assimilating them into the product suites
• Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
Candidates must have:
• Strong J2EE development experience
• Strong experience in developing applications deployed in cloud
• Strong experience with Web-tier development using technologies such as Spring, JPA (EclipseLink/TopLink)
• Good experience with at least one of the popular J2EE Application Servers (experience with WebLogic is a plus)
• Good experience with writing SQL
• Experience with writing unit tests using JUnit
• Thorough understanding of OO principles
• Track record of rapidly learning and incorporating new technologies into his/her skill set
• Thorough knowledge of programming best practices
• Expert analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical, business, and design information
• Proven ability to deliver high-quality, tested software on time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Agile methodology and Scrum is a plus
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.