At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Software Development Manager for the Traffic Safety and Security Division (TSSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Software Development Manager will lead the TSSD laboratories efforts to develop software systems and solutions that provide infrastructure based solutions for autonomous and connected vehicles and enable 3M's Intelligent Transportation Materials program. The successful candidate will define and carry out the division's strategy related to vehicle to vehicle and vehicle to infrastructure communication in alignment with ITM program goals.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing and maintaining a project and technology roadmap and hopper in alignment with business priorities. Sets and communicates vision throughout organization. Wins support for critical development projects.
- Driving completion of complex cross-functional programs including creation of new products and technologies, customer applications, cost reductions and product line extensions. Developing, defining, and executing project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Identifying, coaching and developing potential future R&D leaders.
- Collaborating throughout the organization and with customers and key industry leaders to identify future business opportunities.
- Implementing appropriate IP portfolio protection plans for 3M proprietary positions and maintains critical trade secrets.
- Creating a culture of compliance, through leading by example and communicating expectation that others will act consistently with the 3M Code of Conduct Principles, HR Principles, and 3M Corporate Values.
- Implementing standard procedures and methodologies for development. Agile, SDLC, Automated testing methodologies, etc.
- Interacting with global, cross-functional and cross-company technical and business teams and collaborates with corporate and business group labs to quickly capitalize on opportunities.
- Learning and maintaining awareness and understanding in the rapidly growing areas related to autonomous vehicles, sensors and systems and intelligent infrastructure, including the competitive landscape.
- Leading continual improvement to increase product quality and speed to market. Drives quality automation throughout the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from and accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years' combined supervisory and/or management experience
- Minimum of three (3) years' of experience in commercialization of software and electronic systems
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field from and accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience managing research and development
- Minimum of ten (10) years' of experience in software systems commercialization
- Minimum of three (3) years' of software quality automation experience
- Strong record of engagement across multiple organizational levels
- Experience with standards development (ANSI, ISO, SAE, etc.)
- Strong understanding of types of software system testing: Regression, Black Box, White Box, Security, Performance, etc.
- Skills include project and resource prioritization, product and technology road mapping, project management, intellectual property portfolio management, employee development and coaching, Agile software development, strong customer focus
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 20% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election. IND-1
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.