Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionPeople, Process & Technology.
Workday has immediate openings for Software Development Engineering Managers in Payroll Application Development team.
You will lead a dynamic team of software developers and will be responsible for delivering a new generation of SaaS solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses, built using the most modern technologies and development methodologies, providing an unparalleled level of agility, ease-of-use, and integration capability. Responsibilities/Experience/Skills/Education:
- 3+ years managing development teams of 6+ engineers
- 5+ years OO software design and development experience
- 8+ years commercial enterprise software experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Payroll or HR application is a plus
- Ability to learn quickly
- Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
- Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and to ensure that features meet requirements
- Track feature progress to completion
- Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
- Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience