Software Development Principal Architect - CS17
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: September 15, 2016
Reference ID: 16000ILT
Cloud Developer/Software Development Principal Architect – Austin, TX (16000ILT)
Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Dell Client Software’s Analytics & Cloud Solutions team is looking for a full stack cloud developer with proven track record of delivering enterprise level cloud services, data management and analytics solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with other technologists, architects, experience design engineers, product marketing and software engineers to define the architecture, explore technology alternatives and implement those solution with focus on efficiency and reliability.
- Working with external partners and internal Dell technology, marketing and engineering teams to define and architect solutions related to Digital Delivery, Web Services, telemetry and analytics
- Identifying and working with software and hardware partners to assess cloud technologies and roadmaps for inclusion in future solutions
- Being the technical expert and resource for the overall cloud solutions, data management and/or analytics
- Performs analysis and design for medium-sized to large or complex development and maintenance projects
- Possesses and applies advanced knowledge of technology principles, best practices, and procedures to the completion of complex software development assignments
- Develops complex code and configuration data using secure coding practices
- Ensures that all code, configuration data, and system documentation is accurate, complete, understandable, and adheres to company standards
- Address security vulnerabilities by using tools to assure security, analyze outputs, and recommend corrective actions
- 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Extensive experience working with IaaS and PaaS systems ( Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services etc)
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL, TSQL, MongoDB etc.
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Experience working on or leading agile development teams (ideally leveraging Scrum or Kanban) A software development or DevOps automation background is a big plus
- BSCS, BSEE, BSCE and 8 years of relevant experience or MSCS, MSEE, MSCE and 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, and other Continuous Integration tools
- Understanding the git source control system like GitHub, Stash etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and product development lifecycle
- Exposure to frameworks and patterns such as MVC/MVVM/MVP, Data Warehousing, WCF, WPF, Service Bus, MSMQ, Python , PowerShell is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web atwww.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Software Development Principal Architect - CS17*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ILT*