Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Role Responsibilities - Serve as a Lead Developer who is responsible for the engineering development, integration, deployment, and support of close to the box custom Dell OS imaging and deployment services and the processes and tools that make those services possible. - Incorporate a mix of new feature delivery to Dell customers and building industry leading software from Dell and partners -Advocate for and represent imaging and deployment services with partner teams to shape the imaging and deployment offer road-map as a product manager for the services
- Guide resource planning and management for development resources
- Gather business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization
- Create and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences from senior leadership to technical staff to marketing
- Formulate data-driven decisions
- Lead the software development life-cycle, which includes research, development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, testing, re-engineering and maintenance of scripts or software
- Guide troubleshooting of complex issues
- Drive ideas
- Protect Intellectual property
- Responsible for delivery within budget, schedule and quality guidelines
- Undergraduate degree and 8+ years, or Graduate degree and 6+ years of relevant experience
- Strong experience with Microsoft Client Operating Systems (OS), OS imaging, OS deployment, and OS customization
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, and Windows PE
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Strong experience with imaging and deployment tools including DISM, Image-X, Ghost, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), and Windows Imaging Configuration Designer (WICD)
- Strong experience with scripting (Powershell, DOS batch, Python, XML, etc)
- Adept with MS Powerpoint, Excel, and Project
- Solid working knowledge of computer hardware and driver installation
- Process engineering in a technology manufacturing environment
- Application provisioning and packaging experience
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R01991
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.