Software Development Senior Manager
The Database Security Group is chartered to provide a comprehensive portfolio of security solutions to ensure data privacy, protect against insider threats, and enable regulatory compliance for both Oracle and non-Oracle databases . Oracle is the leader and pioneer in database security. Our group continues to innovate and extend the lead on our competitors. Security is essential for businesses and consumers in the information age.
Our team within the Database Security Group is responsible for the Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall product. Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall consolidates and collates audit data and monitors Oracle and non-Oracle database traffic to detect and block threats. It also provides comprehensive reporting capabilities by consolidating audit data from databases, operating systems, directories, and other sources.
Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall (AVDF) is growing rapidly and we want to expand into new areas such as Cloud, Anomaly detection, Analytics and Big Data. To help focus in these areas, we are looking for a Senior Development Manager to join our team. This position will have a great scope in contributing to the future direction of the product. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing on the product architecture, design, development, and maintenance.
- Provide direction and technical oversight to the development team
- Responsible for managing the performance and growing talent in the team
- Work closely with Product Management, QA and other cross functional teams in all phases of product development and ensure high quality product
- Work with Customers and the sales teams as needed
- BS/MS with 10 years of experience building large scale distributed products, including 5 years of management experience
- Requires minimum 5 years of hands-on software development involving with Linux, Oracle Database, UI and PL/SQL.
- Exposure to Reporting technologies is a definite plus
- Prior experience with Cloud Product Development is a plus
- Proven experience in mentoring team members and growing talent
- Ability to work in a fast paced, distributed, multi-cultural team environment.
- Must be performance driven, detail, results oriented and quality focused
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and suggest improvements to the architecture.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.