Senior Director Product Development The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle's number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted. Our vision is to bring this to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our dataset and people management software. We already have the core infrastructure that all of this is built on. About the Role
- We are small and relatively new team building the next big thing for Oracle Public Cloud. Help us be on ground level of this exciting opportunity.
- As a member of the distributed block storage team, you will be taking an active role in defining, developing and debugging a highly scalable block storage service.
- Work is non routine and very complex, involving application of advanced technical skills in the areas of specialization.
- You will be a leading contributor individually and as a team, providing direction and mentoring to others as and when needed.
Do you have what it takes: experience leading growing teams in the development of large scale distributed Management Services, designing and developing the Infrastructure as a services platform that drives Public Cloud, PaaS and SaaS offerings. You will lead a team tasked with providing a Public cloud infrastructure management software. Candidate will be responsible for
Candidate can expect:
- Providing leadership, direction and strategy.
- Establishing and development of organization to meet and execute on strategy.
- Working with geographically distributed teams and contribute to the success of his/her team and other related teams.
- Coaching and mentoring managers and individual contributors across the organization.
- Growing the team by recruiting and hiring top talent.
- Delivering large-scale projects on-time with high quality.
- Collaborating and working effectively with best in class architects, engineers, product managers, QA and Documentation teams.
- A stable environment with low turnover and great opportunities to grow.
- A merit-based organization. New hires that deliver have been put on critical projects.
- A good mix of new and seasoned developers in your team.
- An opportunity to contribute to a well recognized, revenue-producing Oracle product that has thousands of customers.
- Challenging and diverse projects.
• Competitive salary and benefits.
- BS in computer Science with 10 years of relevant industry experience
- MS/PhD in computer Science with 10 years for relevant industry experience
- Experience in C and Python
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience building scalable storage systems
- Strong knowledge about Object/Block based file systems
- Strong Knowledge of Virtualization technologies (Xen, KVM)
- Expertise in debugging scale and performance issues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a Senior Director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to current and future design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.