At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an experienced Software Development Specialist for the Automotive Aftermarket Division located in Maplewood, Minnesota.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Software Development Specialist will lead and support major new product introduction programs in the Automotive Aftermarket Division, with a focus on developing new software-based, integrated product platforms.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, implements, and integrates new, software-based technology platforms to fundamentally improve existing products and develop new Class 4 and 5 product platforms
- Works with customers to identify market trends and customer needs to build a healthy new product pipeline
- Builds product and technology roadmaps and intellectual property plans
- Collaborates freely across functions (development, marketing, manufacturing) to ensure ultimate project success
- Adept at identifying what is critical to the success of the project
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: software development, firmware design, device and sensor software integration, product application development, and/or technology application development
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 10% Relocation Benefits: Are authorized for this position
- Master's degree in a software engineering, computer science, or IT discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Experience with firmware design and software/device/sensor integration
- Experience in agile/SCRUM framework, including SCRUM certification
- Skills include good, clear communication and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.