Software Development Staff Engineer - Berwyn, PA
Dell Boomi is the market-leading provider of on-demand integration technology and the creator of AtomSphere, the industry's first-to-market Integration Cloud™. Dell Boomi partners with software providers and system integrators who use Dell Boomi’s integration platform as a service to deliver integration between their applications and any combination of cloud and on-premise applications.
As an iPaaS and SaaS provider and leader, Dell Boomi develops, deploys, and operates mission critical data integrations for small, medium, and enterprise level customers.
Our Engineers within our Boomi team are thought leaders and have significant input into the design and direction of our product. Join us in our mission to make integration accessible to organizations of all sizes
- Be a part of the full product development lifecycle of software applications offered by Boomi.
- Apply the latest technologies to the company’s next generation product
- Responsible for design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported.
- Support the QA team during System/Integration testing.
- Work independently with a high level of guidance from team lead
- Be up-to-date with industry-related technologies and standards
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6 years of commercial experience in software development using the Java programming language, including the use of some IDE with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product.
- Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML is required.
- Technical understanding of Web Services technologies and SOA concepts including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required.
- Experience supporting enterprise applications in customer environment is a must.
- Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git or Subversionis required.
- Knowledge of other Java technologies such as Servlet, Hibernate is a plus.
- Knowledge of AJAX technologies, especially GWT is a plus.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments is a plus.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Work experience with an enterprise software company is preferred.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Software Dev Engineer-SW Engr*
**Title:** *Software Development Staff Engineer -Berwyn, PA*
**Requisition ID:** *160011GD*