At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a DevOps Engineer that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a DevOps Engineer, you will join a team of engineers working to build tools and infrastructure to support a true DevOps culture. You'll be doing the work that makes it possible for developers to own the entire lifecycle of their code. You'll also be helping to reduce the time and complexity of getting code into production, as well as providing the ability to better monitor our applications. Our applications also require a stable backend (databases, etc.) to run against, and you will help with maintaining and monitoring those services.
You'll change the world by...
- Building amazing cloud infrastructure in AWS to support our many NodeJS apps.
- Building fully automated pipelines to deliver project code to production and supporting developers as they move their projects through these pipelines.
- Supporting developers as they move their code through their pipelines.
- Building and implementing monitoring tools to help developers know how their code is functioning in production.
- Implementing and maintaining backend services such as Elasticsearch and CouchDB.
You'll do that with your...
- Strong understanding of operating environments and tools like nginx, New Relic and Amazon Web Services.
- Understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Basic understanding of networking principles and how to orchestrate services like load balancers and autoscaling server groups.
- Ability to operate services such as Elasticsearch and CouchDB.
- Ability to build code pipelines using Jenkins, Github, etc.
You'll know you're ready if you...
- 1+ years of experience managing Linux environments and running applications or services on Linux.
- Experience deploying application environments on cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.