Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming. About the Job
What you’ll do all day:
- Is organized and detailed-oriented . You plan ahead of time how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented.
- Is a team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- Is very smart and likes to learn. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
You’ll be measured on how well you
- Show em’ the data. You'll spend your days figuring out how to build lightning fast JS solutions that are built for performance, and a site that gives our buyers a practical and helpful online research experience.
- Implement great experiences for our users . You’ll be the one taking ideas from concept to working code which looks and functions great.
- Participate in the whole lifecycle of the project. You’ll be involved in projects from start to finish and contribute your ideas to keep things moving along.
- Learn new technologies. We're always trying new things and you should too. You’ll be expected to keep getting better and learn new technical skills.
A few reasons why you might hate it
- Problem solve. You carefully analyze the problem at hand and work to come up with solutions to interesting problems.
- Deliver high quality code. We have high quality standards and we want to keep it that way. Your code will have to be structured well and be as bug-free as possible.
- Get stuff done (that’s GSD around here) . We are always very busy, so to keep up you’ll need to be productive, proactive and get products completed quickly.
- Work with others. We are all working towards the same goals and we want people that will get along well with the rest of the team.
And a few reasons why you might love it:
- You don’t want to get your hands dirty: This is a hands-on coding role, not a management or customer facing position.
- You like a slow pace of development and testing. We have a startup mentality and take pride on getting things done quickly. There will always be plenty of deadline-driven projects on your plate.
- You want to have very detailed assignments. You’ll have to make judgment calls and be a smart decision maker, rather than a passive player waiting for the next assignment.
- You’ll be contributing your ideas. We look for input from all team members, from the business requirements all the way to implementation.
- You’ll learn cutting-edge technologies. We are always striving to use the best tools for the job and try new things. We’re early adopters, just like you.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth as our performance improves.
- You’ll have extreme growth potential. As a Gartner company, we can offer you the benefits of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of a global organization.
See job description.
Job ID 00016036
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.