Robert Half Technology is looking for a programmer analyst who combines a real passion for formulating and defining systems scope and objectives with an understanding of software and applications programming and industry requirements. Through research and fact-finding, you'd make recommendations for developing or modifying applications or databases.
What you get to do every single day
• Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation. Writes test cases and expected results. Reviews results for conformance to requirements. May plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
• Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
• Acts as the in-house guide on applications, systems and/or processes to internal clients in identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Consultation can take the form of trouble shooting and/or education
• Provides ongoing training and assistance for end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
• Analyzes processing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements
• Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
• Analyzes and documents issues. Works with other programmers to correct code problems
• Assists in the developing communication content for specific system changes being implemented in production
What you bring to the role
• Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
• Comprehensive understanding of programming languages
• Strong project planning and management tasks, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
• Strong oral and written skills
• Knowledge of PC and mainframe hardware/software
About Robert Half Technology
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
It's a simple but powerful truth. Innovation starts with people, and people start with us.
© 2016 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. For more information, please visit roberthalf.com/technology.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.