Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies in a platform team? Do you want to be part of the team that builds mission critical systems and services over which transactions worth billions of dollars run? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence? If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the software Engineering team in the Finance & Professional Services organization in Microsoft MSIT division.
We are looking for excellent software engineers that will be part of this great team and contribute to the Finance services evolution. As a software engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding and testing features that enable our mission critical business partners. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering for automated testing (in a TDD environment), Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale.
- Design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions
- Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management.
- Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry.
- Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices and are engineered for testability
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
-Considers testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understands when his or her code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Applies coding patterns and best practices.
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
- 3+ months hands on training with a programming language such as C#, XAML, .NET
- Any of the following certifications:
• (Microsoft Technology Associate) MTA Certification
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent programming skills in object oriented language
- Strong skills in designing and implementing Service Oriented Architecture, REST, OData services.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in Agile execution/delivery
- Experience building Telemetry systems and/or adding instrumentation to large scale distributed systems that helps us collect metrics.
- Knowledge in client-side web application development (2+ years).
As you may have noted from above, this position presents a great opportunity to contribute to an effort that is highly strategic to Microsoft. If you think you have it in you to join us, send us your resume right away!!!!!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.