Microsoft OneDrive is more than just file storage. It is the future of both Windows and Office. By surfacing as an ordinary file folder on your PC with actual data in the cloud, OneDrive blurs the boundaries between client and Internet service to provide easy access to all your documents and photos from anywhere.
The OneDrive Sync UX team is chartered to enable this experience for both the Windows and Mac desktops. Our team develops the user experience of syncing files with the cloud and other devices. Such work includes: an easy sign-up and sign-in experience, real-time status display of OneDrive sync activity, effortless sharing of your OneDrive files, desktop notifications, and controls that bind everything together with both our sync engine and service. We have deeper integration with Windows Explorer, Mac Finder, and Microsoft Office. Further, our code simultaneously syncs with both the OneDrive consumer service as well as our SharePoint service for businesses. We are currently seeking out engineers passionate about building experiences such that files in the cloud are the best possible experience possible for our users on desktop computers.
• 2+ years of software engineer experience
• A Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or the equivalent.
• 2 years or more of shipping production software
• Ability to work with a team of similarly talented peers.
• Experience designing, developing, debugging, and shipping code written in C, C++, or Objective-C
• Writing/debugging/deploying multithreaded and asynchronous systems code.
• Experience with Internet technologies including HTTP, HTTPS, XML, JSON, and REST.
• Experience developing user-interface experiences for Windows PCs or Mac (or mobile or web) is strongly preferred.
• Experience developing UI in Qt, QML, hosting web content in desktop apps, or building user interfaces using a cross-platform technology is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.