The Universal Store Team (UST) in Windows and Devices group (WDG) powers commerce for most of Microsoft’s key businesses - Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Bing Ads, Windows Phone, and Windows App Store, to name just a few. With a global presence in over 240 markets and millions of transactions a day, UST services must achieve true internet scale and have state of the art availability reliability and responsiveness, all of which requires data driven optics in clients and services health and performance. We are Universal store’s service planning, monitoring, diagnostics and analytics team focused on providing UST with web apps and tools for optics into UST clients and services.
In this position, you will be a member of dedicated and experienced software engineers to build full stack web apps using latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Design and implement new end to end responsive experiences in the web apps
• Write and maintain automated unit and component tests
• Collaborating closely with partner teams within UST
• Participate in scrum and effectively communicate status, issues, and risks
Required qualifications include:
• 1+ years of experience in software development in C# or equivalent languages
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
• Strong oral and written communication
• Desirable but not required qualifications include:
• Experience with popular frontend frameworks such as Angular, React Knockout etc.
• Experience with building distributed services in Azure
• Positive, can-do attitude to drive issues to resolution
• Team player, willing to work and help others be successful
• Ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.