We are looking for a software engineer to help us deliver additional tools and services to significantly improve developers’ productivity. You will work with program managers to understand customer needs, develop experiences that make them more productive as they work with their team members to develop their apps and services.
You will work with multiple partner teams, build features in tools and services, ship them to customers frequently and learn from customer feedback. You will build simple and powerful experiences in the developer tools, highly scalable cloud services that the tools will connect to, and systems that monitor the health of the services. The software you build will help millions of developers all over the world.
You will become part of a talented team where learning from peers and growing as a team is a core theme.
Read about, and try, the most recent releases of Visual Studio family of products here: https://www.visualstudio.com.
- Loves working with a smart, technical customer base
- Enjoys figuring out difficult technical problems in a foundational space that will affect Visual Studio's ability to deliver on features that target new platforms or provide new experiences
- Likes the idea that the code you build and design has one of the most direct correlations to developer satisfaction, and by delivering high quality, performant, and elegant experiences you can greatly enhance a developer's day-to-day enjoyment
- Wants to be part of a strong, highly motivated and collaborative team bent on continuously challenging the status quo!
- 1+ years of experience developing commercial software
- Detailed oriented design, coding and debugging experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.