Are you looking for a fast-moving environment, in which you can make a difference? Are you able to apply your creativity and your brilliance to solve difficult problems?
The Windows core powers over 1 billion devices ranging from the smallest single core ARM IoT device to the most powerful 640 core blades powering the Cloud. The Windows core team is responsible for the Windows kernel, scheduler, memory manager, UWP platform, services, registry, and variety of OS security features.
We currently have openings for highly motivated and talented software engineers that will play pivotal roles in improving the Windows core facilitating the growth of the Windows ecosystem to next billions of devices. In this role, you will be joining a collaborative team of highly skilled engineers analyzing and applying big data.
• Defining success metrics for new kernel features
• Designing and implementing telemetry code in Windows kernel
• Analyzing telemetry data to influence feature design decisions, drive product improvements, and improve quality of Windows core
• Applying & developing advanced Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence tools and techniques to efficiently analyze terabytes of telemetry,
• Finding bugs and to identifying areas for future development.
• If you have a Computer Science background with a strong interest in Data Science, and you want to work on challenging, high impact projects, then this is the right opportunity for you!
• 1+ year(s) development experience writing solid C/C++/C#/Java code
• 6 months or above of Software development or design experience in Industry or School Projects or Internships.
• Strong customer focus Collaborate within a team environment
• Multitasking skills and ability to balance work on multiple features simultaneously
• Results driven Experience working with big data to extract insights
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.