On-premise infrastructure for hybrid cloud is a top investment area for IT decision makers across the globe. The Windows and Devices Group (WDG), Engineering Systems Platform (ESP) team offers the opportunity to work on a large-scale hybrid cloud implementation that gives engineers across Microsoft an awesome code development experience.
The ESP team is in the business of making individual developer code validation and system test highly scalable, efficient and feature rich, removing the need for teams to own their own hardware. ESP offers specialized private cloud environments and devices in a unified cloud that is secure and scalable. A large area of innovation is enabling workload mobility across on-premise and Azure cloud resources.
We are seeking highly driven and motivated Software Engineers who will be responsible for all aspects of service life cycle (design, development, quality assurance, production deployment, service availability & reliability, and live site monitoring)
• You will also be actively involved in measuring, validating, and ensuring the Live Site meets the availability, reliability and latency requirements.
• You will drive the Quality and Maturity of the Services and be involved in the Service Health Reviews with senior leadership.
• Furthermore, you will be expected to reduce operational toil through automation and follow the mantra of humans manage code, and code manages services.
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service.
• Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service, and drive analysis of outages; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
• Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
• Conduct periodic on call duties and live site support
Basic Qualifications: 2+ years of Software development or design experience.
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years software development experience (online services preferred) and experience in testing, deploying, operating, and supporting medium to large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
• Excellent C#, C++\C, Python or Java coding skills
• Familiarity developing and operating ETL data pipelines, and general database and data warehousing design and implementation
• Strong familiarity with SQL and Data Analysis. Knowledge of Big Data technologies including Azure based offerings preferred. Familiarity with R a plus.
• Experience in software instrumentation, telemetry, and defining measures and key performance indicators\objectives. Familiarity with ETW and Application Insights a plus
• Experience with GIT
• Capable of technical deep-dives into service and systems design, data processing and data movement pipelines, networking, storage, monitoring, security, and capacity planning
• Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence Strong sense of ownership and accountability to deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity and ability to handle ambiguity
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment
• Passionate about sharing your experiences and knowledge and growing your peers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.