Our team owns a Content Management platform behind most of the Microsoft websites including MSN and Microsoft.com. We provide world class reliability and scalability, support complex document life cycles, and utilize the latest, best in class, Azure frameworks and technologies. Our platform provides a storage solution for billions of documents, videos, and images, and capable of handling a high load of requests both for reading and writing scenarios. We are looking for highly motivated and smart engineers interested in helping us to take our system to the next level. The work involves designing and implementing features in complex, enterprise-level, highly efficient distributed systems, and slowly updating the existing infrastructure to support the new business requirements without disrupting the existing customers. If working on the state of the art and high-performant cloud-based backends is something that excites you - we are a right place for you. In our team you will work with other talented engineers to build core storage services to empower publishing capabilities for our clients, as well as support the Microsoft’s web presence including flagship sites like MSN and Microsoft.com. We are looking for a highly passionate, experienced developers to join our team and own the publishing experience for our content providers. We run a healthy mix of lean and agile processes putting emphasis on delivering rapid, high quality releases. Prior experience in cloud services development and ability to write and debug server-side, multi-threaded applications are a plus.
• Bachelors’ in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years professional experience in software development.
• Proficiency in object oriented programming in C# or Java.
• Demonstrated knowledge of CS fundamentals in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, web development, databases, cloud computing, operating systems.
• Strong collaboration, communication, and influence skills.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and fast, quickly changing landscape.
• Knowledge of cloud services development.
• Experience working with No-SQL storage.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in design of distributed Systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.