Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The Retail Stores are the tip of the spear for Microsoft’s engagement with consumers and small businesses. With datacenter, back of store and front of house components all working together to deliver CRM, POS and Financial solutions for our customers, and with these systems connecting to external partner systems as well as internal Microsoft systems, we have a highly complex data ecosystem to support. Our team is a multi-channel Retail Technology organization, which showcases Microsoft technology by transforming the Windows PC, Software, Gaming and Mobile device buying experience. We are responsible for the agile delivery of innovative, multi-channel solutions for the Microsoft Retail Stores.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our growing team. This position will help create innovative solutions that support the Microsoft Retail Stores business.
This specific role will focus on the back office capabilities of the store ecosystem interacting closely with different development and operations teams. The keys to success in this position are technical prowess/expertise, a deep-seated sense of pride in your work, and insatiable curiosity.
· Design and Build solutions using modern technology, enabling our Retail business to be informed and agile.
· Build, Deploy and Support internal tooling/automation needed to stitch together solutions that are not available out of box.
· Integrate with our engineering partners to work on v-next solutions.
· Monitor Service health, build telemetry where needed and improve monitoring.
· Disseminate information across various Engineering teams so that everyone is prepared for v-next.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
· At least 3 years of service or software engineering experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 4 years of service or software engineering experience
· 1+ years working with the Microsoft development stack, and modern engineering principles including, but not limited to, Agile
Preferred, not required:
· Strong problem solving and leadership skills - the ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly.
· Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills - can drive conversations to get things done.
· Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
· Flexible and works well in a virtual team environment
· Effective learning skills, knows how to acquire desired background in Microsoft technologies to be successful in a software engineering role
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, experience running and designing enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.