Do you want to work and learn how to build enterprise class data services and BI applications? Do you want to be part of the team that builds mission critical systems and services over which transactions worth billions of dollars run? Do you have the programming skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Finance & Professional Services organization in Microsoft Corporate Functions Engineering division. You will need to choose appropriate technologies and evaluate external solutions to make clear recommendations that will bring value to its customers. If you are a Senior Enterprise Application Developer, able to function in varying roles depending on organization needs, we want you!
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
You will develop and support software and services at scale, innovate on the latest technologies (Modern BI, Cloud, Big Data) while engineering for automated testing, Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly. You will work closely with peers across teams to help build flexible and high-performing components that enable next generation of business services.
We have an environment where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale!
In this role, you will:
• Work on mission critical financial data services.
• Define project estimates and development project plans, lead vendor resources, develop prototypes, develop technical specifications, define and execute testing plans, implement build and deploy automation, architect and design, develop, test and maintain software solutions.
• Gain a deep and broad understanding of the business process.
• Drive improvements in engineering at the org level.
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team.
• Identify new opportunities to help meet our customers’ needs.
• Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
• 3+ years of experience building and testing large scale distributed systems / services.
• 1+ years of experience in Relational Database development and performance tuning skills on very large-scale enterprise systems.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical discipline
• Experience in Agile execution
• Experience building Telemetry systems and/or adding instrumentation to large scale distributed systems that helps us collect metrics.
• 8+ years development and testing experience in Database/BI Technologies and reporting frameworks
• 2+ years development experience in client-side web application development and testing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.