Cloud and Enterprise (C&E); Servers, Azure, Visual Studio, Dynamics, these are the primary engines of creation that drive any enterprise. Today’s enterprise computing landscape encompasses a wide variety of technologies, from low level operating systems, to higher level cloud based services and applications. Within C&E, we develop both the core OS technology found on every device from desktops to cloud VMs. We create the mission critical database systems that are the life blood of any organization.
We continuously evolve the developer tools, in Visual Studio, which give developers an ability to harness the ever broadening powers and resources available both within the walls of an enterprise, and across the internet. Whether you are a low level kernel programmer, or a high level web portal designer, the C&E division has a job to fit your skills and desires. We are looking for candidates who can think broadly, collaborate well, pick up and contribute to a broad range of technologies, and generally want to have fun enabling enterprise customers to leverage technology to be their most efficient and effective in their business.
Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in these various positions.
• Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
• Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
• Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
• Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well. As the position is one of software engineer, an ability to code is a base requirement. As there are many forms of coding in practical use today, having past experience in languages and frameworks such as Ruby, node.js, Python, C#, Java, and various others is acceptable, assuming the candidate can demonstrate proficiency in what they know, and can extend their learning to new languages, tools, and environments.
• Bachelor’s degree and equivalence
• One year’s experience in working in a software engineering environment.
**Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
*Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.