Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. The team is responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and forecasting of our unified infrastructure; and all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability.
MCIO delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Within MCIO, Supply Chain Execution team (SCE) is responsible for executing on the plans of the capacity team, from procurement through deployment of servers. We are looking for a software engineering leaders who are passionate about solving large business optimization problems at scale. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, enjoy incrementally marching to towards a well-defined long-term architecture, and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
• Enumerate and document the business and engineering requirements for solutions.
• Enumerate high level components that will be necessary to implement scalable, highly available solutions.
• Define templates, best practices, and automated quality gates necessary to ensure consistent implementation of components across teams.
• Participate and drive architecture, design reviews for selected components.
• Designing and building robust, scalable services and APIs.
• Building systems that automate the information flow between various teams at Microsoft.
• Effectively collaborating across multiple teams to ensure a robust automation roadmap.
• Effectively communicating complex ideas to audiences with various technical backgrounds.
• Drive constant adaptation and improvement through data and rapid engineering motions.
• BS in Computer Science or 4+ years of relevant experience.
• 5+ years of experience leading design and development of software platforms dealing with large scale data collection, aggregation and analysis.
• 3+ years in distributed services.
• MS preferred.
• Knowledge of building services using cloud infrastructure a plus.
• Proven track record of design and technical accomplishment.
• Ability to quickly pick up existing concepts and employ new techniques.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.