Are you passionate about working on the next generation of Cloud Management Technologies and Services? Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technologies to Automate Private and Public Cloud Services and Data-Center Infrastructures? Do you want to be part of an energetic and creative team currently impacting millions of customers across the planet? Do you love to contribute to Open Source Technologies and Communities across the globe? If yes, read on!
The PowerShell & Configuration team delivers the technologies, micro-services and Operations Management Suite (OMS) solutions to enable DevOps and IT professionals to manage, automate and configure Windows and Linux resources hosted in Azure, Windows, Linux and 3rd party Clouds. The technologies we deliver are heterogeneous, extensible and cross-platform (Linux and Windows). To help with this effort, we recently open sourced PowerShell on GitHub, made PowerShell available for Linux / Mac environments, and actively building a vibrant community. You can read more about our announcement here -> https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powershell-is-open-sourced-and-is-available-on-linux/.
We are looking for smart and passionate Software Engineers to help us deliver in our mission to deliver management tools and services that empower customers to manage any platform, hosted anywhere, from anywhere, on any device. Primary responsibilities for this role include development and testing of features for: PowerShell Editor Services, Visual Studio Code integration, ScriptAnalyzer, PowerShellGet, PackageManagement, and other PowerShell tools.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years of experience as a software engineer writing code for Linux and/or Windows.
• Demonstrated ability delivering high quality, high performance, highly scalable, and highly reliable C/C++, C#, Java, Python and/or Java script/Typescript code.
• Experience with developing and designing front-end software and/or middleware.
• Experience with contributing to Open Source with good communication skills.
• Technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently.
• Passion and proven track record with delivering high quality code and test coverage
• Can-do, entrepreneurial attitude with experience working in a team with industry-leading, innovative, and high-quality product
• Experience with PowerShell
1+ year of software development experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.