Are you passionate about cloud computing and building services from the ground up using cutting edge technologies? If so, we have your next position! As Azure continues its rapid expansion, the focus of our team is to build the next generation telemetry collection and processing pipeline for Azure. Our team fronts a diverse set of tools ranging from 10s of PBs/day ingestion pipelines, real-time metrics and alerting and scalable log-search offerings. This position is for someone who is:
• Passionate about distributed systems and building high scale services
• Likes to work in an agile development team that iterates rapidly (at least weekly deployments)
• Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them
• Passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development process
The team is agile with everyone in the team sharing the fundamentally belief of iterating rapidly to meet customer demands with each service deploying at least once a week. As a member of our team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development, all the way through successful service roll out and LiveSite support. Developers in the team have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and demonstrate breadth, depth, and leadership.
• 1+ years of development experience.
• Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Experience writing readable, low defect, unit tested code
• Creative, curious and care about customers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing platforms
• Prior experience working on C# or building applications on Service Fabric.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.