Windows As a Service (WaaS) is one of the biggest/boldest bets that Microsoft is taking with Windows 10. Windows Services and Delivery (WSD) Team is chartered with creating and keeping billions of happily engaged and connected, up-to-date Windows customers. This is accomplished by creating experiences that ship with latest version of Windows OS, engage hundreds of millions of users, and drive update & upgrade customer satisfaction. Our team within WSD is responsible for engineering the data pipeline, analyzing and creating insights, and monitoring data signals to meet organization goals and metrics.
Are you passionate about data? Are you someone who gets excited about finding insights to solve problem impacting millions of customers. Are you fascinated about the world of Data Science Engineering and wanted to give that a try? You are in right place - our team is looking for engineers like you!
Our team’s priorities include keeping all Windows 10 Current, data insights for windows 10 releases, such as RS3 Rollout to the world, building Insights for Healthy Enterprise in WaaS & Commercial devices, engineering data pipeline for customer facing solutions built for enterprise customers. We build insights through telemetry data and partner with many teams across Windows Devices Group. We also build platform tools to make data analysis easy for the entire WSD organization to be data-driven.
The ideal candidates are those who are passionate, energetic, collaborative in solving complex problems and have strong technical skills.
• Own data pipelines and transformation for scenarios to drive success metrics
• Analyze data and finding problems and solutions of wider scope across teams and drive for results Build dashboards to track KPIs and insights
• Design Tools and Platform Features for users to leverage data
• Leverage Machine Learning to solve complex problems
• 1+ years of software development experience
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, with strong Computer Science fundamentals.
• Strong coding, troubleshooting chops in C# (or any object-oriented language) and a scripting language
• Excellent design, debugging and problem resolving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer focused, result oriented and team player
• Experience with data analytics in R, Python, PowerBI, AzureML, Cosmos is a plus.
• Experience in big data, natural language analysis, machine learning, or building and operating a service is a plus
• Experience on OS servicing/update is plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.